This is a personal site. The views expressed are the author's own and do not necessarily reflect those of VSO.

Friday 23 April 2010

A mouse in the house

Over this last week I have learnt a very important lesson.

At roughly 3am every day for the last month I have been woken up by the suspicious sound of scuttling. The other day, I turned my light on and got a sneaky peak of a mouse's rear end as it disappeared behind my wardrobe. Not wanting mice babies to materialise over the week I was to be away, I decided to be proactive about the situation, bought poison pellets and cunningly dropped them through a few holes in my floorboards.

Today, after two days of wondering why it smelt like gone off chicken in my room, and three days of hoping what I realised to be dead mouse smell would go away - with the help of Samuth we lifted a couple of floorboards and removed the offending item from my room. All other mice look to have made it outside before their end came. Sorry, I know it's not very Buddhist of me.

Anyway the lesson I have learnt and wish to share with others:

It isn't a good idea to put poison pellets down where the mice wont be able to get out. Use sticky traps instead.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Jen- Good to be reading your blog! I know what you mean, I once found a mouse behind the refrigerator...it REEKED!!!!
    Thinking of you here - have been reading but have not managed to post anything on it as yet!
    Big hug xxxx Maya

    ReplyDelete