This is a personal site. The views expressed are the author's own and do not necessarily reflect those of VSO.

Wednesday 26 May 2010

Ants in my pants

Today I got up to get dressed and put on some of my brand new 100% cotton pants courtesy of my wonderful mother. It wasn't a pleasant experience.

As it turns out, I have ants marching up and down my washing line. Ants on my washing line = ants of my clothes. Oh, and these ants bite (do all ants bite?).

Sadly (or maybe humorously - ask me when the swellings gone down) my underwear was COVERED in the little B******DS. I wont get too graphic, but it wasn't fun and I have never removed an item of clothing so fast in my life.

So now all my clothes have been taken to my laundry lady to be cleaned and dried and I have a very itchy rear end.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jen,
    Sorry we haven't posted a comment for ages, but will make up for it now! Re: 'Ants in Pants' - I always thought that was just an empty phrase to describe children who fidget. Now I know that it's a graphic reality in Cambodia!
    Re: 'You know you've been in Cambodia too long when...': what in incredibly funny and honest list!! You should publish it. I've printed ti off to show around.
    Your sense of humour does you credit.
    Lots of love,
    Mum and Dad. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahaha!

    call this a post? You need to be telling us what has happened in the last month!! Don't tell me you've been having so much fun you don't have time to blog :-)

    Speak to you soon, miss you,
    Jo xxx

    ReplyDelete