You know you've been in Cambodia too long when:
- You are no longer concerned by the presence of a mouse in your bedroom at 3am. As long as there's a mosquito net between you and it, you're fine.
- The highlight of your evening is that 'Mamma Mia' is showing on HBO. Again.
- Doing the laundry involves chucking all your stuff in a bucket, adding water, wash powder and stamping on it for a few minutes.
- You hang around in the ATM, purely because it has air-con.
- You start to appreciate ants for the job they do.
- It's perfectly okay to drive on the wrong side of the road. In fact, sometimes its safer.
- Spending 5 minutes deciding exactly which seat you want on the bus is an acceptable thing to do. Afterall, seats 6 and 7 are over the wheel and for some reason 16 and 17 don't have as much leg space as the others. And don't forget - it's best not to be too far back or you'll be last in the toilet queue at the service stop.
- You've forgotten how to use a knife.
- Happiness is a cup of iced ovaltine coffee in a market, under a fan a little too near the hanging cows heads.
- You have to hold all your clothes up with a belt.
- You start to speak to your fellow foreigners in broken English: "We go your house what time?"...
- Seeing another white person is the most interesting part of your day.
- Striking a match and setting light to your rubbish is as a good a waste disposal system as any other.
- Your three main topics of conversation include: work, food and what DVD series your watching at the moment.
- It's perfectly normal to discuss your bodily functions with complete strangers.
- 9pm is a late night.
- You no longer accidentally wee down your leg when using a squat toilet. You've got that technique mastered.
- $2 for an item of clothing is an absolute rip off.
- A trip to the supermarket is akin to seeing Angkor Wat or some other wonder of the world.
- You dust your balcony.
- All of a sudden your bright pink pair of joke purchase shorts are the most favourite thing you own. And did you just buy a fake diamante hair clip?
- You will argue about $1 for at least ten minutes. It's important to have principles.
- Your daily perfume is deet with a hint of bodily odor.
- Sitting in a hammock is too much effort.
- You prefer practical durable cotton underwear over anything else.
- It's ok to eat rice for breakfast. And lunch. And dinner.
- The concept of 'sharing skills' means that you request 'The Macarena' at every opportunity, just so you can teach people the dance moves.
- A five hour journey is a 'short hop'.
- You're appalled at the sight of someone wearing a skirt or shorts that do not cover the knee. When did it become okay to start showing so much skin?
- A car is not considered full unless there are at least 10 people in it.
- You can't sleep at night because it's too quiet, where did all the weddings go?
- You know the words to: "You know you want me" and actually get excited when it comes on over a speaker.
- A day below 30 degrees is considered cold.
- You get excited about rain.
To see Oly and Kelsey's lists, feel free to check out their blogs: